Portabee Classic 3D Printer Kit
A true reprap 3D printer, Portabee Classic is one of the best DIY kits on the market
The Portabee Classic is a fully featured 3D printer that fits into a laptop bag and produces real world 3D objects out of plastic that smells like waffles.
The frame simply clips on and off for transportation. The machine relies on a laptop power supply, some filament material (plastic to be printed) and a laptop computer to function.
Lightweight, weighing in at 2.8kg (6.2lbs) you can bring your machine along with you when taking a bus, a train… even on a bicycle in a haversack on your back!
The Portabee Classic Kit opens up numerous possibilities which were previously impractical:
Designers and design engineers can now offer to print out a sample of their design solution at the client’s premises, on the spot and with applied design changes, for quick evaluation.
Educators can loan the 3D printer to students for a time period to complete a school assignment involving 3D printing, be it an arts, design, or engineering discipline.
An artist can walk into her favorite cafe, suddenly get in a creative mood, whip out the Portabee and a laptop and start designing something and print it out, all while sipping her usual cuppa and enjoying some cheesecake.
* Portabee 3D Printer Kit, with superb colour illustrated step-by-step assembly guides in PDF
* Tools and tape required for assembly and use
(note: PLA filament not included as shown in image)
There is a lead time of 3 weeks while the parts for your machine are printed (by other printers).
Including shipping time, approximate delivery of new Portabee orders are within a 3-4 week window.
We ship worldwide, and our Portabee kits are remarked as being one of the easiest and most complete kits on the market.
- 120x120x120mm build volume
- High precision GT2 belts and machined pulleys
- Full linear bearings on all axes
- All stainless steel hardware where applicable, hardened steel linear rods (smooth rods)
- Single board solution Gen6.d electronics with integrated fan and SD card support
- Heated platform (printbed) included as standard
- Uses tried and tested 0.3mm diameter filament, commonly PLA and ABS plastic
- 0.5mm precision machined nozzle
(Extruder electronics come pre-assembled, no soldering required)
Portabee in Action